Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Wednsesday, October 30th: Lamentations 3, Hebrews 1, Psalms 102, Proverbs 26:21-22 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Lamentations 3, Hebrews 1, Psalms 102, Proverbs 26:21-22

Lamentations 3:
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

Tremendous words of faith in the midst of utter destruction.  And yet so true!

I remember reading Angie Smith's words when she found out that the baby she was carrying had a fatal condition - “I think that my Jesus is the same as He was before I walked into this room.”

Jesus is the same.
Whether today is the best or worst day of your life, Jesus is the same.
He is still sovereign.
He is still on His throne.
He is still good.
His love is great.
We are not consumed.
His compassions never fail.
His compassions are new every morning.
Great is His faithfulness.
He is our portion.
We will wait for Him.

Today - no matter what kind of day today is.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Lamentations 4-5, Hebrews 2, Psalms 103, Proverbs 26:23

No comments: