Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday, July 23, 2019: 2 Chronicles 8:11 - 10:19, Romans 8:9-25, Psalm 18:16-36, Proverbs 19:26 ~ Jeannine

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 2 Chronicles 8:11 - 10:19, Romans 8:9-25, Psalm 18:16-36, Proverbs 19:26

Rehoboam is a good example of someone who thinks he knows better because he's younger and his friends must have better ideas than the "old" people who had done it all before.  I'm learning that this appears to be a part of the growing process and I know at times I refused to listen to wisdom given when I was younger. I find the older I get the more wisdom I seek from my elders. I'd rather try to avoid making mistakes by getting advice and experience from those who have walked before.

And now as my kids start their own journey's, I'm finding out how difficult it is to watch or let them make mistakes that I know could be avoided if they would be willing to listen. But I'm also finding that there are times, where I just have to let them go and make the mistakes so they learn to seek the advice before jumping. I'd rather not have to say "I told you so" but it seems that we all have to get into some situations where someone could say that to us. I just pray that the situations that my kids find themselves in are good learning experiences without being too devastating.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: 2 Chronicles 11:1-13:22, Romans 8:26-39, Psalm 18:37-50, Proverbs 19:27-29

No comments: