Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday, November 6: Ezekiel 13-15, John 17

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ezekiel 13-15, John 17

John 17:17-
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Jesus prayed for his followers to be sanctified, which happens through the believing & obeying of his Word.

Like the words in the song “Spirit Lead Me,” we need to let go of our own ideas & allow the spirit to lead us. “I’m done chasing feelings “... I did a Bible study not long ago that touched on following God by seeking his desire for us through his word, his advice through others, time spent in prayer. “It feels right” isn’t God. We need to seek him & be willing to follow wherever he leads.

If You say "it's wrong", then I'll say "no"
If You say "release", I'm letting go
If You're in it with me, I'll begin
And when You say to jump, I'm diving in
If You say "be still", then I will wait
If You say to trust, I will obey
Teach me how to follow in Your ways
I'm done chasing feelings
Spirit lead me



Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Ezekiel 16-18, John 18

No comments: