Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thursday, March 30th: Judges 9-10; Luke 5:17-39 ~ Deena

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Judges 9-10; Luke 5:17-39

Luke 5:17-26 tells how Jesus healed the body and the soul of a paralyzed man. Following that miraculous event, Levi answered Jesus’ call to follow Him and then invited his fellow tax collectors and friends to a banquet in honor of the Lord (vv.27-29). When some people accused Jesus of associating with undesirables (v.30), He reminded them that healthy people don’t need a doctor—adding, “I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance” (v.32).
To everyone who feels like a “throwaway” headed for the landfill of life, Jesus opens His arms of love and offers a fresh beginning. That’s why He came! (Our Daily Bread, Sept, 2014)

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Judges 11-12; Luke 6:1-26

2 comments:

Jody said...

Amen!! That God would give me His eyes for people. To see value and treasure in everyone I come across. Great reminder Deena!

Tammy said...

Reminds of the song......
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see,
Everything that I keep missing,
Give your love for humanity.
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten.
Give me Your eyes so I can see.