Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday, March 10th: Deuteronomy 10-12; Mark 12:1-27 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Deuteronomy 10-12; Mark 12:1-27

Deuteronomy 10:14 Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it. 15 Yet the Lord set his heart in love on your fathers and chose their offspring after them, you above all peoples, as you are this day.
This is something that I need to be more mindful of.  How many times do our prayers consist of requests?

We want God to bless, to heal, to protect. to guide, to calm - all good things and all things we should continue to pray for.  But how much time do I spend praising God for who He is instead of what He can do for me?

How much time do I spend acknowledging His love for me despite my unworthiness?

He is worthy!  Praise His name!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Deuteronomy 13-15; Mark 12:28-44

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Good point, my prayers are full of requests and concerns. I need to praise Him more in my prayers.