Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tuesday, February 7th: Leviticus 1-3, Matthew 24:1-28 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Leviticus 1-3; Matthew 24:1-28

God is so very Holy! With all of the detailed instruction we've finished reading about over the last while about the Tabernacle and Priests garment and now today with the offerings. It really hit me today how specific all of the details were in having God near. And the process it took for receiving God's favour and forgiveness. How particular and specific everything had to be so He could be in relationship with sinners. His holiness is too powerful to approach without the intercession of the offerings and the High Priest.

I too easily forget about God's holiness and this last week has really reminded me of that. I have found that reading and looking to understand all of these minute details has made me appreciate Jesus' sacrifice so much more. And I've realized how I've taken it for granted!

Holy Lord, thank you for Your Word that works on my heart so deeply. Thank you for finding a way through Jesus that we can approach Your throne freely with Him as our High Priest. Continue to remind me of your Holy Power and help me seek a righteous life that is pleasing to You.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageLeviticus 4-5; Matthew 24:29-51

2 comments:

Conrad said...

When reading the different types of sacrifices, I am reminded that the people always brought their best, purest, and unblemished offering to God. The question is, do I give me best to God?

Miriam said...

The pastor at the church I attend was talking about how Jesus is our high priest and what that means on Sunday. Interesting how hearing that message and then reading these passages shines new light on how amazing is God's plan of salvation.