Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wednesday, November 23rd: 2 Corinthians 4 - 7 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 2 Corinthians 4-7

A few things that caught my attention while ready today's scripture,

2 Corinthians 4 :1
Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.


The words "God's mercy" stood out to me. God allowed this to happen and it is for our good that we can read about Paul's ministry, today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.


As I get older I realize I can't do things the same as when I was younger. When I play hockey now I see this clearly, before I could play all evening and the next night if possible, now when I'm done after one game I feel like I need a rest.

I'm glad my spiritual life doesn't work this way, as I get older, and hopefully wiser, I hope I can do more for Christ, and live for Him more and more the way He wants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Corinthians 5: 6-8
Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. [7] For we live by faith, not by sight. [8] We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord


I enjoy my time here with my wife and family and friends, but these verses are a reminder that we as Christians are not at home here, this shouldn't be considered permanent for us. We should long for heaven and be focused on Him, and look forward to what's in store for us "later".


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: 2 Corinthians 8-11

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love Paul's perspective on suffering, that no matter how bad our earthly suffering is, when we view life through the lens of eternity, we are not destroyed by that suffering, but rather have hope. God's mercy is amazing.