Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wednesday, August 17: Jeremiah 10-13 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Jeremiah 10-13

A couple verses stood out to me in today's passage:

Jeremiah 10:6
LORD, there is no one like You! For Your name is full of power.

I find when I am feeling anxious or worried, I want to pray and talk to God, but I don't always know what to say. But God's name is so great that we can just whisper It, and in It there is power. It's like that 7eventh Time Down song: "when you don't know what to say, just say Jesus. There is power in the name, the name of Jesus."

Jeremiah 10:23
I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course.

I am the type of person that I like to have things all planned out, and am always wanting to be informed of what exactly is going on. But God says that I need to just trust in Him because He has a plan for me. Even though I may have no idea what He is doing, I need to trust that "all things work together for the good of those who love Him".

Jeremiah 12:2
You have planted them, and they have taken root and prospered. Your name is on their lips, but You are far from their hearts.

Another reminder that we need to be all in for God. Our thoughts, actions, and words all need to point towards God. He didn't "half die" for us, so we shouldn't "half live" for Him.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJeremiah 14-17

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great thoughts Emma!

I loved the descriptions of God's power in chapter 10 as evidenced in creation. We've seen a snippet of that in the storms we've had this summer. And yet that doesn't even scratch the surface of His power - amazing!