Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Next Year

We are rapidly approaching the end of 2010 and, therefore, the end of our first year of The Bible in a Year and Beyond!

So, the question is, what do you want to see happen next year?

Here are a few options.

1) We do the exact same thing. We read the same chronological reading plan and post on the daily readings and see how differently things jump out at us this time around, after having grown tremendously in this past year.

2) We do a similar thing. We do daily posting and read the Bible through in a year again, but this time choose a different plan to change things up a little bit.

3) We do something completely different. Everyone can choose their own Bible reading plan, and we would help hold each other accountable for it, but this blog would focus on choosing a few books of the Bible and studying them in a more in-depth way.

4) Other - please elaborate!

What is your vote?

I have put up a poll along the side where you can cast your vote, and of course, feel free to post in the comments.

For those who actively participate in the blog, please post in the comments and/or email me letting me know your viewpoint and how strongly you feel that way (ie - whether or not you would participate if certain options were chosen).

I'm already excited about next year, no matter what option we choose! This past year has been such a huge blessing for me and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us next!

8 comments:

Miriam said...

I will participate regardless of what option is chosen! I've been loving this. I can hardly believe we're already into November and I haven't ever fallen behind by more than a week, and that was because we went camping without even cell phone reception, much less internet access. :) Let me think a bit about which option I'd prefer.

tammi said...

I'm all for option 1 or 2.

tammi said...

(my vote shows up as "do exactly the same thing," but I'd have voted for both if selecting more than one was an option)

Tammy said...

I changed it Tammi - please re-vote!

(cause I had to delete it in order to change it).

Obviously the votes of active participants will be given more weight than others, that's why I want the comments too!)

Tammy said...

I will, obviously, be participating no matter what ;)

I am torn on this actually.

On the one hand, I would like to try Professor Horner's reading system (which would take up a lot of time as it's 10 chapters per day!). I'd also like to do more in-depth studies on certain books - especially Proverbs, Ecclesiates, etc.

But, I'd also like to see how things strike us differently this coming year if we do the same/similar thing.

Miriam said...

I find Prof. Horner's Bible reading method very interesting! It would definitely be a real change of pace. But 10 chapters a day is a bit daunting, even if he does specifically instruct just to read it quickly and not stop and ponder, etc. I think there is definite value in his method - after all, you always hear that the key to retaining information is repetition, repetition, repetition.

On the other hand, I like the idea of reading through the whole Bible again in one year, but perhaps we could choose a plan where we read some Old and some New each day or each week.

Alicia said...

I've enjoyed this on many levels, especially meeting you all!:) I've enjoyed reading parts of OT I never could get through before.
However, I have two thoughts...
(1) I've found the skipping around of this plan difficult to read from my text (which is how I prefer rather than on screen).
(2) I've missed precept study form. I really enjoy slowing down a bit and getting into a Kay Arthur Inductive Study book. I've had a few sitting around I've picked up at the thrift store and would like to get into them.
I'm curious what you all decide to do.

Tammy said...

From the votes and comments so far, it looks like we're going to do the same thing as this year, but use a different reading plan.

Soon, I'll do a post about several different ones for us to choose from - definitely with less skipping around!