Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thursday, January 31st: Exodus 12:14 - 13:16, Matthew 20:29 - 21:22, Psalm 25:16-22, Proverbs 6:12-15


Exodus 12: 31-36
During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Up! Leave my people, you and the Israelites! Go, worship the LORD as you have requested. [32] Take your flocks and herds, as you have said, and go. And also bless me.” [33] The Egyptians urged the people to hurry and leave the country. “For otherwise,” they said, “we will all die!” [34] So the people took their dough before the yeast was added, and carried it on their shoulders in kneading troughs wrapped in clothing. [35] The Israelites did as Moses instructed and asked the Egyptians for articles of silver and gold and for clothing. [36] The Lord had made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and they gave them what they asked for; so they plundered the Egyptians.

I've always wondered why Pharaoh didn't give in sooner, the consequences for the Egyptians just got worse, and now they had lost all their firstborn. They even gave the Israelites whatever they asked for, on the way out.

Do I ignore God and keep doing what I'm doing, then realize later that I should have listened to God earlier? We sometimes make the same mistakes the Egyptians made then, and ignore God at first.
I pray that I'll act sooner in listening to Him.



1 comment:

Tammy said...

A good reminder to listen when we get nudged instead of waiting to be bulldozed!