Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday, January 26th: Exodus 2:11-3:22; Matthew 17:10-27; Psalm 22:1-18; Proverbs 5:7-14 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 2:11-3:22; Matthew 17:10-27; Psalm 22:1-18; Proverbs 5:7-14

It's unclear whether or not Moses was actually unsure about his ability to lead the Israelites and be God's spokesperson, or if he just didn't want to do it, but I noticed something today about God's responses to Moses that I don't think I've noticed before.

I'm paraphrasing but.....
Moses' initial response is "Who am I to go before Pharoah, to lead the people of Israel?"
And God says "I will be with you"
Moses' next hesitation is "When they ask me who has sent me, what do I tell them?
And God says "I am who I am"

The point I noticed?

Who  Moses was and what he was capable of was irrelevant.  Absolutely irrelevant.
Who God was, was the only thing that mattered. The only thing.

The same holds true in our lives today.  No matter the task God has called us to, whether great or small, who we are and the extent of our abilities are irrelevant.  It's all God.  It's who He is.  It's what He has called us to.  It's He who will empower us, He who will go with us, He who will strengthen us, He who will enable us, He who will give us the words to say.

It doesn't matter who I am.
He is who he is.
And that's all that matters.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageExodus 4:1-5:21, Matthew 18:1-20, Psalm 22:19-31, Proverbs 5:15-21

No comments: