Thursday, February 1, 2018

Thursday, February 1: Exodus 31-33; Galatians 4 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 31-33; Galatians 4

“And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.” - Galatians‬ ‭4:6-7‬

Being the oldest child, I have the tendency to think I can do everything myself, I don’t need help from anyone, and if I can’t do it myself then I’m a failure. I often forget, or push aside the fact that I need other people to help me, especially God.

God wants us to call out to Him, “Abba, Father.” We are His children, and He will take care of us. But we have to let Him. We can’t just push Him away saying “no, no, no, I can do this by myself.” We have to trust that He has a plan, and that He’s got everything figured out already.

So while we’re trying to battle something completely “independently”, we need to take a step back and trust that God’s got this, and He doesn’t need our help.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageExodus 34-36; Galatians 5

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It definitely goes against our nature to live in dependence on God. We need Him so much more than we know!