Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wednesday, February 22nd: Numbers 3-4, Mark 3:20-35 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Numbers 3-4, Mark 3:20-35

Numbers 4:46-49
So Moses, Aaron and the leaders of Israel counted all the Levites by their clans and families. [47] All the men from thirty to fifty years of age who came to do the work of serving and carrying the tent of meeting [48] numbered 8,580. [49] At the Lord ’s command through Moses, each was assigned his work and told what to carry. Thus they were counted, as the Lord commanded Moses.


When reading through Leviticus and Numbers the last number of days, it seems like there were a lot of rules that the Israelites were instructed to follow. They were instructed by God, who is supreme, and faced severe repercussions if they didn't follow. They did this on top of living their regular lives.

Today we're so busy we often don't have time to read our bibles every day, or go to church every week (I'm guilty of these), but God still loves us and wants us to follow Him. Do I show proper respect to Him? Am I giving Him my all? Do I take time to pray and listen to what He wants from me?

In our New Testament reading we see how Jesus also gave a lot, he was crowded out and not able to even eat,

Mark 3:20
Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat


We see a few examples here of how much God loves us and does for us, could we do more for Him?

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Numbers 5-6; Mark 4:1-20

3 comments:

Conrad said...

Good point. I need to remember to glorify God and give Him my best in all I do, time included.

kjad said...

Nice post! A good reminder for me to set my priorities, what is filling up my day when I could be attending church, doing devotions, or reading my bible? What is most important and what should I be putting first?

Tammy said...

If I say I love God, do my actions prove that to be true?