Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wednesday, August 31st: Ezekiel 20 - 21 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ezekiel 20-21

I'd like to look at the last two verses of today's reading,

Ezekiel 21: 31-32
I will pour out my wrath on you and breathe out my fiery anger against you; I will deliver you into the hands of brutal men, men skilled in destruction.  You will be fuel for the fire, your blood will be shed in your land, you will be remembered no more; for I the Lord have spoken.’ ”


We have been reading for awhile now about how God has grown tired of Israel's steady road of sin, but here we read what will happen at the end, to those that sin and make no effort to ask for forgiveness and do better. There is an end coming.

Do I sin and not take seriously that I need to ask for forgiveness? Do I think that soon all is forgotten anyway, and I can move on, and therefore not bother to make things right now by asking for forgiveness?

There is an end to everything, including my time on earth, at the end do I want my life to count for God's purpose and way?

God gives us many chances, but there is an end to it, we won't keep getting more chances. I need to do my best for Him now, before it's too late.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Ezekiel 22-23

1 comment:

Tammy said...

20:13 They wouldn't obey my regulations even though obedience would have given them life.

Sin blinds us to the truth. We think we know better. We think that pursuing our own happiness will actually make us happy. But it doesn't. Only pursuing God will bring us joy. And obedience will give us life eternal.

God's grace is amazing, and His patience in bringing judgment is because He wants as many to be saved as possible - but eventually His patience will run out and judgment will come. That is certain.