Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tuesday, May 17th: Psalm 73-77 ~ Danae

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is

Just a few verses that spoke to me…

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel & afterward you will take me into glory. (Psalm 73:23&24)

I love these verses & how the show us God’s love for us & desire for us.  We see his initiative to have a relationship with us; he is holding us, he is guiding us & he will take us into glory.  We don't have to chase after him & hope he will accept us.  He is always with us.

My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)

Our courage & strength can (& will) fail us, but we can have confidence in God.  He is always there.

Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:  the years of the right hand of the Most High.”  I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.  I will meditate on all your works & consider your mighty deeds. (Psalm 77:10-12)

It's important for us to take time & remember what God has done for us.  Remind ourselves of his faithfulness, focus on it & allow it to renew our faith when we falter.

Your ways, O God, are holy.  What God is so great as our God?  You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.  (Psalm 77:14)

We need to remember God’s faithfulness in our lives & then we can be strengthened in knowing that God is holy & sovereign & has the power to perform miracles.

We have such an awesome God.  He doesn't need us, but he wants us.  He is with us & will strengthen us.  He will show us his faithfulness again & again.

But as for me, it is good to be near God.  I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. (Psalm 73:28)

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Psalm 78-80

3 comments:

Conrad said...

Psalm 77:11-12 stood out to me too. It is important to take time to reflect on what God has done in our lives and how He has answered our prayers. When I think back years ago, often I feel like those were the good 'ol days. Well it should be that way too, when I reflect back to see how God has worked things out for me.

Tammy said...

I love the verses you chose to highlight

Nathan said...

I too highlighted those verses in chapter 77. The psalmist leads up to those verses (10-12) with questions of why God has rejected him and a feeling of being alone. He then responds in 10-12

And I said, “This is my fate;
the Most High has turned his hand against me.”
11 But then I recall all you have done, O Lord;
I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago.
12 They are constantly in my thoughts.
I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.

A good example and textbook way of handling things in our own lives when we can't feel God's presence and feel alone or abandoned . Going back and remembering all God has done for us in the past.