Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6th

Today's passage from the Chronological Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Job 10-13
Today's scripture focus is Hebrews 2:10-13

In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering. Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers. He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.” And again, “I will put my trust in him.” And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.” Hebrews 2:10-13

It was fitting, in other words, it was completely consistent with God's sovereignty, righteousness and holiness that the suffering and death of Jesus was necessary in order for our salvation.

And because Jesus, even though He was fully God, was fully human, when we receive that salvation we have the priviledge of being called the brothers and sisters of Christ. Isn't that amazing?  He is our brother!

Tomorrow's scripture focus: Hebrews 2:14-18
Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage passage: Job 14-16

No comments: