Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16th

Today's reading from the One Year Bible Chronological Reading Plan is 2 Timothy 2-4:18

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

ALL Scripture. Even the Old Testament ;) That's one huge thing I've learned during this past year on the Bible blog is how valuable and applicable the Old Testament still is to us today. I certainly never used to think that, that's for sure!



I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8

Now that's motivation if I ever heard it! I want to be able to claim this right along with Paul. I want to reach the end of my (hopefully long!) life with no regrets. Well, I know that's not realistic, so let's say with few regrets.

Thankfully the heavenly reward is not just for spiritual giants like Paul, but for "all who have longed for his appearing"! We need to keep fighting, because in the end, it will all be worth it.

Tomorrow's passage: 2 Timothy 4:19-22, Hebrews 1-4:13