Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10th

Today's reading from the One Year Bible Chronological Reading Plan is Psalm 35-38

Scripture
Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,your justice like the great deep. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:5-7

Observation
Our Lord's love, faithfulness, righteousness, justice and support is overwhelming and worthy of our praise.

Application
I'm starting to realize how little of my prayer time is spent praising God. And there is so much to praise Him for! This scripture is just a small start - but it's a great start!

Prayer
Lord, I praise you for your immeasurable love, for your unwavering faithfulness, for your perfect righteousness, for your justice tempered with your incomprehensible mercy and your personal support for each and every one of us! Amen.

Tomorrow's passage: Psalm 39-41, 53, 55 and 58

3 comments:

Miriam said...

I find sometimes that I have the opposite problem. I haven't found a good time of day to spend a concentrated time praying, so I say a prayer here and there as I think of it during the day, usually a one-liner or something, and then at bedtime I think I'll pray before I go to sleep. I've always started prayer with thankfulness first before anything else and before I'm finished thanking God for maybe half of his many blessings, I fall asleep and I don't get to anything else! I really need to work on that.

Tammy said...

I do lots of thanking (and that's important too), but it's the praising I'm falling short on. Praising God for simply who He is and not necessarily what He's done for me. That's what I need to focus on - more God, less me!

Miriam said...

Ah, yes, I see. Good point!