Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wednesday, November 27th: Daniel 4:1-37, 2 Peter 1:1-21, Psalm 119:97-112, Proverbs 28:17-18 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Daniel 4:1-37, 2 Peter 1:1-21, Psalm 119:97-112, Proverbs 28:17-18 

It could be argued that King Nebuchadnezer was always a bit crazy.  After all, he expected his wise men to be able to tell him what he dreamt!  But eventually, he literally does go crazy after not heeding Daniel's advice after interpreting another dream promising that's what would happen if he did not change.

He didn't listen.

And he went crazy.  For 7 years!!  But that finally was enough to get his attention.

34 “After this time had passed, I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshiped the Most High and honored the one who lives forever.
His rule is everlasting,
    and his kingdom is eternal.

35 All the people of the earth
    are nothing compared to him.
He does as he pleases
    among the angels of heaven
    and among the people of the earth.
No one can stop him or say to him,
    ‘What do you mean by doing these things?’

36 “When my sanity returned to me, so did my honor and glory and kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored as head of my kingdom, with even greater honor than before.

37 “Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and glorify and honor the King of heaven. All his acts are just and true, and he is able to humble the proud.”

Hopefully most people won't wait for such a drastic consequence before surrendering to God!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  Daniel 5:1-31, 2 Peter 2:1-22, Psalm 119:113-128, Proverbs 28:19-20

No comments: