Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wednesday, August 7th: Ezra 4:24-6:22, 1 Corinthians 3:5-23, Psalm 29:1-11, Proverbs 20:26-27 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ezra 4:24-6:22, 1 Corinthians 3:5-23, Psalm 29:1-11, Proverbs 20:26-27

1 Corinthians 3:After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work.

I know that originally this was written because the people in the church were arguing over who was better between Apollos and Paul and bragging about who was following who.  And Paul's response was to give glory to God, and to point out that Apollos and Paul are simply His servants.  And obviously that is true.

But this also reminds me of a few things....
1) It's not up to me to convince someone to become a Christian.  I am not the Holy Spirit.  It is the Holy Spirit who prepares the heart, and who calls the sinner to repentance.  God does everything.
2) It is up to me to be obedient.  If God asks me to seed the Word, I need to seed the Word.  If He asks me to water it, I need to water it.  I need to be willing to speak when He says to speak, to serve when He says to serve, to comfort and love and listen and correct and stand firm when He says to. 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageEzra 7:1-8:20, 1 Corinthians 4:1-21, Psalm 30:1-12, Proverbs 20:28-30

No comments: