Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Tuesday, April 30th: Judges 11:1-12:15, John 1:1-28, Psalm 101:1-8, Proverbs 14:13-14 ~ Jeannine

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Judges 11:1-12:15, John 1:1-28, Psalm 101:1-8, Proverbs 14:13-14

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.  He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
John 1:10-13

The devotional I am reading along with this plan talks about the idea that our children (well all of us) are born spiritually dead. And only the work of the Spirit can bring them (us) to the spiritual birth that we desire for our children and those we love. I'm finding that as my children get older it is not an easy thing to let go and let God, as it were. I want to make them choose Jesus but I'm finding that this is something they have to do on their own. I always knew that they would have to one day believe for themselves, but I find myself lacking the patience to let them figure this all out on their own. Lord, let me trust that you will draw them to you and patience to know that it will be in your perfect time.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Judges 13:1-14:20, John 1:29-51, Psalm 102:1-28, Proverbs 14:15-16

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is so hard as parents to wait for that. We can’t make them or decide for them. Trusting God for the salvation of our children (and other family and friends) is hard.