Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday, January 26: Exodus 16-18; Mark 15 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Exodus 16-18; Mark 15

“The people passing by shouted abuse, shaking their heads in mockery. “Ha! Look at you now!” they yelled at him. “You said you were going to destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days. Well then, save yourself and come down from the cross!”” - Mark‬ ‭15:29-30‬

Every time I read this part of the scripture, I get so angry at these people for ridiculing Jesus. And I always think, if I was Jesus, I would’ve wanted to prove myself to these people and show them just how powerful I was, and cast fire down from Heaven on them, or something. But that’s part of what makes the gospel as great as it is. I would imagine the human part of Jesus would’ve been tempted to do something like I said. But the God part of Jesus knew this was all part of His Father’s plan, and without dying, He wouldn’t be able to save these people if they were to one day ask for forgiveness. To think, Jesus died for all sinners, including those mockers. And those mockers, to be completely honest, have been us at different stages of our lives. How wonderful of a God we serve that He would still want us after mocking Him like that. I am so thankful for His love and forgiveness.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageExodus 19-21; Mark 16

2 comments:

Nathan said...

It's true, we are no better then those mockers. I am thankful that we can all ask for forgiveness now and truly be forgiven. What an awesome and loving God, who died and sacrificed for pathetic people, like me.

Tammy said...

So true - in reality, every time we sin we mock God. So thankful for His continual mercy and forgiveness!