Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday, December 20th: Micah 1 - 3, Revelation 11 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Micah 1 - 3, Revelation 11

I found this reading today difficult to find verses that stood out to me. As I was reading though I got a chuckle from Micah 2:11, which says,

If a liar and deceiver comes and says, ‘I will prophesy for you plenty of wine and beer ,’ that would be just the prophet for this people!

I found this funny at first, it reminded me of our current society. Many people live for alcohol and what it does to them or for them, they rely on it in a way. We have other things or habits that we can also use, that we place high priorities on.

Do we put these things ahead of God? Do we rely on them instead of relying on God? Do we use them as an escape so as not to deal with the sin in our lives?


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Micah 4-5; Revelation 12

No comments: