Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday, June 30th: Job 17-19; Acts 10:1-23 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Job 17-19; Acts 10:1-23

Job 19:But I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the end he will stand on the dust.
26 Even after my skin has been destroyed,
yet I will see God in my flesh.
27 I will see him myself;
my eyes will look at him, and not as a stranger.
My heart longs within me.

I love this verse.

Despite his horrible circumstances,
despite his less than helpful friends,
despite his pain,
despite his wife who wanted him to curse God and die,
despite the bad theology being dispersed by his friends,
despite his despair,
despite not even having a hint of an answer to his desperate "WHY GOD?"
despite everything.......

Job trusted in God's faithfulness,
he trusted in God's promise of redemption, even though he didn't fully understand it,
he trusted in the resurrection,
he trusted that he would be in the presence of God one day
he loved God

When life gets hard (and we know that it will!), I want to have that hope, that trust.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJob 20-21; Acts 10:24-48

1 comment:

Nathan said...

What a difficult time Job went through. He kept trusting in God throughout, a great example for us