Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tuesday, April 4th: Ruth 1-4; Luke 8:1-25 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ruth 1-4; Luke 8:1-25

Jody had to fly out to a conference today so I'm doing her post for her.

I always love the story of Ruth.

I love her loyalty to Naomi and her confident faith in God, even though her only experiences with God took place during times of difficulty.

I love how she showed respect and honour for Naomi even though she was filled with bitterness.

I love how she didn't let her past hold her back.

And I love how God rewarded all these things by making her the great-grandmother of King David and an ancestor of Jesus Christ.

I also love what we can learn about God from the book of Ruth.

God is concerned about everyone - no matter their status, race, or gender.

God is sovereign - seemingly unconnected events (famine, Naomi's relocation to Moab, Ruth and Naomi's return to Bethlehem, Boaz's lineage) turn out to be not so unconnected!

Boaz was a type of redeemer pointing to Jesus Christ our true Redeemer.  May we put our faith in Him, as Ruth did, no matter our circumstances.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  1 Samuel 1-3; Luke 8:26-56

No comments: