Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wednesday, April 6th: Judges 16-18 ~ Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Judges 16-18

I'm taking over for my dad again today, and decided to do a "SOAP" post.

S (scripture) - The rulers of the Philistines went to her and said, "Entice Samson to tell you what makes him so strong and how he can be overpowered and tied up securely. Then each of us will give you 1,100 pieces of silver."

O (observation) - From what it looks like to me, Delialah loved money more than she loved Samson. It seems that anytime money comes up in the bible, people always sin (ex. Judas with the silver coins, Joseph's brothers with the silver coins, etc.). Delilah was using Samson to get money. He loved her but she loved money more than him. How sad is that? Here we have a man of God who loves this woman and what does she do? Betrays him for money (approx. $89,641 in our money). $89,641 was worth more to her than betraying God, and also betraying Samson.

A (application) - How often have we chosen to take the "money" over doing what's right? This could be like betraying my fiends at school in order to hang out with the "popular" crowd, or choosing to watch another episode on Netflix instead of reading my bible. It's like what Pastor Ron said a few Sundays ago, we choose multiple times everyday which box we will check off on our ballots: yes, I will have Jesus as my King and do what He would want me to do, or no, I won't choose Him and I will do what I want to do.

P (prayer) - Lord, help me to be able to choose right from wrong. Lead me in the way I should go everyday. Help me to choose You over me. Help me to make the right decision even if others are pressuring me to do wrong. Help me to live to glorify You. I need You everyday. Amen.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageJudges 19-21

1 comment:

Tammy said...

So true that we make choices all the time that prove where our loyalties really lie.