Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday, January 27: Job 30-32 - Emma

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Job 30-32

My dad asked me if I wanted to do his blog for him today, so I decided I would give it a go!

One verse that stood out to me was:

"They despise me and won't come near me, except to spit in my face." - Job 30:10

In my NLT bible, there's a cross next to this verse which points to a reference of Matthew 26:67, which reads:

Then they began to spit in Jesus' face and beat him with their fists. And some slapped him,

This made me think of another verse, John 15:18 which reads:

"If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first."

Jesus didn't deserve hatred, yet people still hated Him! This is something to remember when we feel hated, or even disliked. 

Job trusted God and praised Him through all the problems in his life. When Jesus was dying on the cross, He praised God. Do I praise God when problems occur? Do I trust in His plan even though others laugh at me for it?

Father, help me to remember that I am Yours, and that You are on my side. Help me to feel Your love around me everyday, and help me to trust in You, even when I can't see where we're going. Amen

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Job 33-35

6 comments:

Nathan said...

Thbaks for filling in for me Emm, you may get hired full time!

Trusting is easy in good times and difficult in rough times, but needs to happen no matter what. I pray for strength for this daily.

Conrad said...

Good post Emma! It is key to place our trust in God, and further to that is praising Him no matter what the situation is.

Emma said...

Great job Emma :)

Job asks some tough questions in Chapter 31. If we're honest, I'm sure we'll find that we struggle with a few of things he mentions....

v24 Have I put my trust in money or felt secure because of my gold?
v29 Have I ever rejoiced when disaster struck my enemies, or become excited when harm came their way?
v33 Have I tried to hide my sins like other people do, concealing my guilt in my heart?
v34 Have I feared the crowd or the contempt of the masses, so that I kept quiet and stayed indoors?

A little toe stepping going on today! The good news is, that even if we have to honestly answer yes to any of the questions on Job's list - there is forgiveness in the blood of Jesus.

Grade 1 said...

Great post Emma! I was thinking along the same lines as the above comment...would I be as sure as Job was that I was innocent of God's wrath?

Pamela

Tammy said...

^^ Oops - that was me, not Emma! :)

Funker said...

Great job Emma! Do you contract out for other day's posts?

Job is convinced of his innocence...though not that he would say God had no Authority to do what He Will. This is still the same man who said

"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord." (Job 1:21)

I think Job is vehemently defending himself against his accusers/friends. After all, they have been less than helpful until this point.

And now Elihu, silent until now, gets his turn to speak.