Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday, September 27th: Ezekiel 18-19, John 12:1-26 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is  Ezekiel 18-19; John 12:1-26

Ezekiel 18 gives hope.  There is still time to repent.  God will not refuse forgiveness to anyone who genuinely repents and each person will ultimately be judged according to their own decision to follow God or to go their own way.  There is individual freedom and responsibility when it comes to salvation.  Everyone dies physically in this life, and it was quite likely that some true believers died during the fall of Jerusalem and the judgment of Israel.  But they would not die spiritually.  And so Ezekiel pleads with them, and with us, that NOW is the day of salvation.  Repent and believe today, do not delay!

Our NT passage also confirms that our spiritual lives are worth so much more than our physical lives. If we live with eternity in mind, our suffering or even death in this physical world is not in vain, and is worth the glory to come.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage passage: Ezekiel 20-21; John 12:27-50

2 comments:

Conrad said...

I liked verse 27 in our NT passage from The Message translation:

"Right now I am storm tossed. And what am I going to say? 'Father, get me out of this'? No, this is why I came in the first place. I'll say, 'Father, put your glory on display.' "

This showed me that Jesus was tempted, but He was able to resist such temptation in order to fulfil His father's plan. I pray that when I am tempted that I too, will be able to place my desires to the side in order to please my Heavenly Father.

Pamela said...

From the OT:
21 “But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live.

Turn away. Not just stop sinning but turn away from it. None of our sins are remembered when we turn away.

From the NT:
26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

It's not always easy to go where God leads us but when we do it is totally and completely worth it.