Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday, April 15 - Habakkuk 3:1-2

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Joshua 21,22; Psalm 75; John 7
Today's scripture focus is Habakkuk 3:1-2
 

A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. On shigionoth.
Lord, I have heard of your fame;
    I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.
Repeat them in our day,
    in our time make them known;
    in wrath remember mercy.
 
I don't know about you, but I've prayed this prayer.  In my life, it has been a prayer of resignation.  "Ok, God, I get it.  This has to happen, and I'm not excited about it, but I know you.  I know your works and I stand in awe of them.  Do it again!  Remember your mercy and show your awesomeness in my life."
 
Matthew Henry states in his commentary that this prayer is an act of devotion.  I agree.  Sometimes prayer, when its the last thing you want to do, must be the first thing you do.  Be devoted to God, keep praying.  And call upon His mercy, which is far greater than anything we can do.

Tomorrow's scripture focus: Joshua 23,24; Psalm 76; John 8
Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage passage: Habakkuk 3:3-19

No comments: