Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday May 21 ~ PamJ

Today's reading from the Chronological OT/NT Reading Plan is Psalm 4-6; John 7:1-27

This will be short today! Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend [albeit a rainy one here!]

Today's reading in Psalm 6, David speaks of healing.

Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak.
Heal me, Lord, for my body is in agony. Psalm 6:2

Can God heal us? My Touchpoint Bible notes that He most certainly can repair it and restore it. He can also do so to our mind and spirit. This whole psalm is about prayer and what a powerful healing source it is! It brings us closer to the One who made us.

For me, if I don't open my bible and start my day with the Lord reading his word and praying, I have a pretty bad day and forget to turn to him in prayer, when I need to the most.

Will God heal us? He can. And He does. We don't often know or realize when He does. There are also times when He will let us go unhealed. Is that unfair?

My Touchpoint Bible says, "We must reserve that judgment until we see him face to face and understand why he healed one person but not another, why one person died while another was spared, why one person suffered a lifetime from the effects of abuse and another did not. We don't know all the mysteries of God. But we do know from His Word that He loves us enough to die for us and that He promises we will all be restore to wholeness in eternity."

The Lord has heard my plea;
the Lord will answer my prayer. Psalm 6:9

He loves us. He will answer our prayer [and not always the way we may want him to do so]. We will have all we need in eternity.

Today is May 21st, 2011. Around the web & media & gossip, there is talk of today being THE DAY the rapture is to occur. Although Jesus tells us that we will not know the day He is to come back, we should still be prepared for when He is to come. Love Him, accept Him into your heart and your life and bring others to him. Don't let the worldy possessions control you or your life. We can't take them with us in the end. No matter if that end is today, tomorrow, two weeks from now or 200 years.

Lord, I pray to you, knowing you hear my prayer. I pray that you heal my mind, heal my heart, and renew in me a right spirit. I pray for those reading this blog, and those who don't, that they can start their day off right with You, knowing that You love them so much more than they will ever know... I pray that You can renew their spirit as well Lord. We lift them up to you Lord. Let Your light shine!! Amen.

Tomorrow's passage: Psalm 7-8; John 7:28-53

3 comments:

PamJ said...

I apologize for the lateness of the post everyone!!

Tammy said...

This is exactly what we've dealt with the past couple of months with our nephew.

We knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God could heal Baret, but we did not know if He would. We knew that the end result would be whichever would bring more glory to His name and of course, we prayed fervently, that He would be glorified most through Baret's healing.

And we were thrilled when that turned out to be the case. There is no doubt that it was God who healed him. Medically there was nothing they could do for him anymore, they weren't even treating the disease that was killing him and they fully expected him to die. But God had other plans.

But then, on Mother's Day, a woman from a church, a mother with a son in Gr 1 and a daughter in Gr 7, died. On Mother's Day. After several years of battling cancer. Why? God could've healed her too. We know that. But He chose not to. And we don't know why.

Why did He choose to heal Baret and not Jennifer?

All we can know for sure is that those choices, in some way, brought honour and glory to His name.

As we heard in our sermon today, one of the hardest things for us to do on this side of heaven, is to trust in the goodness of God despite enduring the darkest trials of this life.

But God IS good. It's a lot easier to say that sitting on this side of the miracle, I know. But either it is true all the time, or it isn't. And I choose to believe it is true all the time!

Pamela said...

We don't and won't know why God chooses to heal some and not others. We do know that God can and does work miracles. A parent from my school was diagnosed with a brain tumour just before Christmas and the prognosis was grim.I just learned on Friday that the results of the MRI reveal that the tumour has shrunk! Will this mean she will be healed? We don't know but her doctor informed her that he thought she was going to die in February because she was doing so poorly and he said to her that she must have been praying pretty hard to still be alive. God is so good and He knows the plans He has for us.