Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 30th

Today's reading from the One Year Bible Chronological Reading Plan is Revelation 15-18

As I read these chapters I am very thankful for the grace of God!

The crushing wrath of God is coming on all those who have rejected Him. And it will be terrible. But it will be just.

The bowl judgments and trumpet judgments are similar but have 3 main differences: the trumpet judgments were partial but the bowl judgments will be complete; the trumpet judgments gave unbelievers the chance to repent but the bowl judgments do not; the trumpet judgments affected people indirectly, but the bowl judgments are poured directly on people.

Horrible sores, the seas turned to blood (imagine the stench of all the dead sealife!), all freshwaters turned to blood (nothing to drink!), people scorched by the sun, darkness and painful sores, the Euphrates dried to prepare the way for the kings of the east, severe earthquake and hail like never seen before - with only hell awaiting as "relief".

It is easy to think, as we sit here in comfort and the day to day of normalcy, that this time of judgment will never come. But it will! God is patient, but there will come an end. He will come, and He will unleash His righteous judgment, and there will be no turning back.

Are you ready for Christ's return?

Tomorrow's passage: Revelation 19-22

1 comment:

tammi said...

I just REALLY hope I'm not around to witness these things first-hand! That's my only concern!! I know I have a place in heaven whether I have to endure the tribulation or not, but man, I hope I don't HAVE to endure it at all!! Truly terrifying. But what incredible reassurance that we don't need to fear eternal destruction despite the physically hard times we may be currently living through, or may have to live through in the future.