Monday, January 4, 2010

Post schedule and Testimonials

OK, I have the schedule of guest posters up and running on the right. If at any time you'd like to switch your days just let me know. Also, if your name isn't on the list and you'd like to start contributing a post regularly, let me know!

For those who are following along with us, feel free to post your comments as well, even if you don't do any guests posts. Everyone is welcome to participate as much or as little as they are able.

For those who are guest posting, can you please prepare a short testimonial and post it on Friday? I'd like us to get to know each other a little bit so we can better know how to pray for each other during this journey together. Please title the post "Tammy's Testimony" (except obviously use your own name :), and include the following...

1) a short testimony on when you became a Christian and where you are at spiritually right now
2) one or two things the Lord has done for you or how you've seen His hand at work in your life.
3) one or two things you hope to gain from participating in this blog, so that we know specifically what/how to pray for you

Please try to keep it short and sweet, as there will be several testimonies!

Even though this blog is not meant to be a chit chat blog (we can get to know each other that way by following each other's personal blogs if we'd like to) I'd love for us to get to know each other on a spiritual level as we read/study God's Word - so we can meet each other wherever we're currently at in our spiritual journeys, as well as challenge each other to grow in the Lord.

I want this blog to be open to both "new" and "old" Christians.

A place where those who are still new to the faith, or struggling with doubts to have a place where they can grow and where they can feel safe to ask questions.

A place where those who have been on this journey a long time can come alongside, perhaps offering some wisdom and insights, while also deepening their own faith - because no matter how mature of a Christian you are, no one has "arrived". We all need to be constantly learning, constantly changing as we strive to reflect Jesus to those around us.

I want this blog to be a place where we all can feel both accepted and loved for who we are and where we are at on our spiritual journeys, and yet challenged to grow at the same time.

So, along with committing to read and study the Bible this year, let's also commit to pray for each other, to encourage each other and to challenge each other in love.

Click here to read the post on today's readings.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Would you like us to post the testimony in this blog post or will you do another one on friday?

Andrea said...

I thought I emailed you about guest-posting once a month, didn't I? Anyway, I would still be interested if you can re-arrange your schedule. Sorry if I didn't clarify well enough ahead of time...oops!! (I just don't want to do Mondays for sure since that's my working day)

Kristi said...

Nicole-if she hasn't e-mailed you about it already, I believe that we are all to do our own seperate posts on Friday. So, there will be several posts on that day. All of our testimony posts, and then of course, that days reading post.

Tammy said...

Sorry Andrea - you hadn't accepted the contributor email, and I wasn't sure. I'll add you in for sure! (But then you have to start commenting more, nudge, nudge :)

Will it be too much for everyone to post their testimonies on Friday? Should we rather spread it out a bit? Or is it fine to leave it as is?

Tammy said...

And yes, you each compose your own testimonial post and post it yourself.

For all your guests posts, please put "YourName's Posts" in the Tag so we can search that way if we'd like to.

Nicole said...

Ok Thank You!!
So Friday, is Saturday for me LOL. I hope I post things on the right days!! Bare with me if I don't :D