Thursday, August 22, 2019

Thursday, August 22nd: Job 4-7, 1 Corinthians 14:18-40, Psalm 37:30-40, Proverbs 21:27 ~ Nathan


Job 6:21 NLT
You, too, have given no help. You have seen my calamity, and you are afraid.

Job's friends offered all kinds of help, or so they thought. They looked and sounded  like they had everything figured out, and Job was in need of their advice, in order to get back to where they were in life. This is what I got from this reading.

As the story of Job unfolds, we see Job was, in fact, the one who had it all, he had God first. But back at this point of the Book of Job, Job was down and out and was being given advice from all around.
This is a reminder for me not to judge those around me who are going through a tough time.  I'm to help, not to judge.

No comments: