Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tuesday, April 10th: 1 Samuel 16-18, Luke 18 ~ Danae


Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 1 Samuel 16-18, Luke 18

Luke 18:1
One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.

The story goes on to show how persistent prayer pays off, God does hear & he will answer.

My life app bible comments with this:
18:1 To persist in prayer and not give up does not mean endless repetition or painfully long prayer sessions. Constant prayer means keeping our requests continually before God as we live for him day by day, believing he will answer. When we live by faith, we are not to give up. God may delay answering, but his delays always have good reasons. As we persist in prayer, we grow in character, faith, and hope.

My biggest challenge, I find, isn’t that I doubt that God will answer but that the answer will be what I want (I think I know what’s best). In one breath I believe God & that he has the best in mind for me & in the other I can’t completely release control & give it over to God.

God loves us & knows what we need. We need to pray & trust knowing that,  however it turns out, God will provide. It may not happen our way or in our time, but God will do what’s best for us.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage1 Chronicles 1-3, Luke 19

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I think the prayers that are the most distressing when they go unanswered is the salvation of friends and family. How can it not be His will for them to be saved? And yet, we know that not all will be. We must continue to pray and not give up, no matter what.