Saturday, October 21, 2017

Saturday, October 21st: Isaiah 62-64; 1 Timothy 1 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 62-64; 1 Timothy 1

1 Timothy 1:15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

It can be easy for those of us who have been believers as long as we can remember to become proud of faith to the point that we forget that our sin nailed Jesus to the cross just as assuredly as any one else's!  Christ came to die to save sinners - to save me.  I am a sinner, and it would do me well not to forget that.

The danger of forgetting the grace God has shown us is that it can cause us to be less than gracious to those around us.  We can easily shift into an attitude of superiority and forget that "there but for the grace of God go we".  Just because I was blessed with Christian parents doesn't mean that I am better than someone who was not so fortunate.  Just because I didn't live a lifetime of rebellion before surrendering to Christ does not make me better than someone born into a non-believing family who never had the opportunity to hear about Christ as a child. 

I am a sinner.  We all are.  And thanks be to God, He has provided salvation for all who call on His name.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Isaiah 65-66; 1 Timothy 2

1 comment:

Nathan said...

A good reminder, we are all sinners whether we accepted Christ long ago or recently, we all need forgiveness from Christ.