Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wednesday, September 6th: Psalms 148 - 150, 1 Corinthians 15: 29-58

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Psalms 148-150; 1 Corinthians 15:29-58

The first thing I noticed when reading today's scripture, was the word "praise". It's mentioned 30 times in today's reading.

To me "praise" is a positive word, I like to be praised. But more importantly, it's important that we praise God, who truly deserves our praise.

In Psalm 148: 5-6
Let them praise the name of the Lord, for at his command they were created, and he established them for ever and ever---he issued a decree that will never pass away.


The writer talks about how God created all things, and therefore they should praise Him. Do I praise, and thank Him? He created me and gave me everything I have, therefore I need to remember to praise Him, consistently.


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Proverbs 1-2; 1 Corinthians 16

No comments: