Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday, September 15th: Proverbs 22-24; 2 Corinthians 8 ~ Conrad

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Proverbs 22-24; 2 Corinthians 8


Rich and poor have this in common:  The Lord is the Maker of them all.  Proverbs 22:2

We all come into and leave this world the same way.  Typically we are in awe of meeting a star of some sort, and yet they too, put their pants on one leg at a time.  Just like us.  And on the other side, when we see someone downtown on the street corner, we are not in awe of them.  God did make us all, and this verse reminded me of this.       

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;  through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.  Proverbs 24:3-4

Wisdom, understanding, and knowledge; Proverbs is loaded with verses relating to these three.  As parents, we are responsible to educate our children, and God as our Father, has the desire for us to gain all the wisdom, understanding, and knowledge possible.  My hope is that I can be humble enough so that I do not hinder myself from growing in this area.  
  

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Proverbs 25-26; 2 Corinthians 9

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Good point, I too want/need to be humble, so that I too can grow.