Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thursday, December 8th: 1 Timothy 4-6 ~ Jeannine

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 1 Timothy 4-6

Whenever I read any of Paul's letters I feel a little like I've been through a whirlwind of information. He addresses so many things in such short letters.

Paul talks a lot about Elders and their responsibilities and the qualities required. I couldn't help thinking about our church when I read this...

Never be in a hurry about appointing a church leader. 1 Timothy 5:22a

In light of the announcement of Pastor Ron's retirement, when I read this scripture I thought about the length of time that our church intends to take to replace Pastor Ron and to find the right person to fill his shoes. I'm sure there are lots of people that feel that this process will be long and drawn out and never-ending. And maybe they have a point, however, Paul's letters clearly show how important finding the right leaders is and I have to respect the process that our church has come up with. It seems to me that they are doing everything in their power to fill this role with the right person and to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Titus 1-3

2 comments:

Nathan said...

1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

How much time and effort do I, or others, spend on getting in shape physically? I've gone through times were I've spent 30-45min a day working out, to get and stay in shape. This is important, to keep in shape physically, but not as important as getting and staying in shape spiritually. We value physical training, but do (I) we see the importance of getting in spiritual shape? Here it says how important it is.

Tammy said...

You're right - very applicable to our church now!

Even though I'm not as young as I once was, I appreciate Pail's challenge to be an example to other believers by the way I live.