Monday, September 5, 2016

Monday, September 5th: Ezekiel 26-28 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Ezekiel 26-28

In Ezekiel 28 God promises that His people will again live in their own land, in complete safety. This prophecy was partially fulfilled when the exiles were allowed to return, but they didn't, and still do not, live in complete safety. This promise, like many of God's promises, will be completely fulfilled when Christ returns and sets up His eternal kingdom.

The sad thing is that more people do not come to Him before it's too late. They do not listen to the good news, or even perceive it to be good. They are deceived by their sin and the false peace Satan gives to them, and continue to ignore God. But He will not be ignored forever.

Ezekiel 28:22-24
Give the people of Sidon this message from the Sovereign Lord: "I am your enemy, O Sidon, and I will reveal my glory by what I do to you. When I bring judgment against you and reveal my holiness among you, everyone watching will know that I am the Lord. I will send a plague against you, and blood will be spilled in your streets. The attack will come from every direction, and your people will lie slaughtered within your walls. Then everyone will know that I am the Lord. No longer will Israel's scornful neighbors prick and tear at her like briers and thorns. For then they will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.


May we not wait for God's judgment before acknowledging that He is God alone!
Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage2 Kings 25:3-7, Jeremiah 39:2-10, Jeremiah 52:6-11, Jeremiah 39:11-40:6, 2 Kings 25:8-21, 2 Chronicles 36:15-21, Jeremiah 52:12-27

1 comment:

Conrad said...

"For thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a host of many soldiers. - Ezekiel 26:7

I find it interesting that God is very specific in what will happen, and it does happen. If a war was about to take place and one country told the other country specifically what they were going to do, they could plan for that attack and defend themselves. But God is much more powerful and His plans cannot and will not be stopped by man.