Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday, July 27th: Isaiah 38:9-22, 2 Kings 20:12-19, Isaiah 39:1-8, 2 Kings 20:20-21, 2 Chronicles 32:32-33, Isaiah 40-41 ~ Nathan

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 38:9-22, 2 Kings 20:12-19, Isaiah 39:1-8, 2 Kings 20:20-21, 2 Chronicles 32:32-33, Isaiah 40-41


King Hezekiah had been very sick and thought he would die, he was a little down because of this.

Isaiah 38:12
Like a shepherd’s tent my house has been pulled down and taken from me. Like a weaver I have rolled up my life, and he has cut me off from the loom; day and night you made an end of me.


But King Hezekiah remained positive, and God healed him.

Isaiah 38:17
Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.


King Hezekiah kept the right attitude throughout and continued to praise the Lord, even through a difficult time. How often do we go through difficult times, and do we continue to praise the Lord?

I went through a difficult time, and continue to in a small way, a month ago when I had sunstroke. Afterwards the only symptom I had was that I forgot names easily, especially ones I don't use very often. During the recovery I wanted to get back to normal so eagerly, that when I couldn't remember a name of someone immediately, it bothered me. I could remember details about this person but I couldn't remember their name.

I didn't just leave it with God and not let myself get worried about it. I should have just continued to praise Him for all the good He's done for me, and continues to do, and not worried. 

We went through a short, but difficult time, and God has healed me a lot, and I'm thankful!

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage: Isaiah 42-44

3 comments:

Emma said...

Two of my favourite verses were in the reading today! Isaiah 40:31 and Isaiah 41:13!

Conrad said...

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. - Isaiah 40:28

As I age I find that I am not not able to some things like I once could. As I look at my parents, I can see you it doesn't get any better. God remains the same today as He was yesterday. He does not change. He does not loose strength. He does not get tired. There is nothing more constant for us to place our trust in.

Tammy said...

Read this yesterday - very applicable to today's reading!

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like Eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they WILL walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

" Isaiah must must have watched Eagles closely to see the way they soar. As birds go, eagles wings are big, but the muscles that make them flap aren't. Pound for pound, an eagle's strength is no match for the strength of a hummingbird. The strength of eagles is not in their flapping but in their soaring. An eagle will perch high atop a canyon below. When the rising wind is just right, the eagle will fold its wings to its sides, literally cast itself into the chasm and plummet into the abyss… [ when the speed is just right] the bird will spread it's wings, catch the thermals, rise up into the sky and soar. Isaiah didn't know the mechanism, but he could see the effect.
This is a great picture of hoping in God. Through no strength of our own, we cast ourselves upon God, fall into His mercy and soar on His promises. Our strength comes from trusting and soaring, not flapping and working." - Ben Patterson