Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday, October 11th: Song of Solomon 4-5, Ephesians 1 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Song of Solomon 4-5; Ephesians 1

In our Song of Solomon passage we are reminded that communicating love and expressing admiration in both words and actions can enhance every marriage relationship.

In 4:12 Solomon compares his bride to a locked garden, praising her virginity.  In society today the idea of saving yourself sexually until marriage is scoffed at and considered "impossible".  But God created sex and established the boundaries in which to enjoy it as He designed it to be enjoyed - marriage.

Chapter 5 reminds us that after some time passes marriage can start to lose its initial sparkle.  Conflicts, pressure, and other trouble may creep in.  But spouses need to remember to be a haven to each other, and to renew and regenerate intimacy within the relationship.

5:16 reminds us that in a healthy marriage, lovers are also friends.  Great marriage relationships are built on friendship, and simply enjoying being with the other person.  I am blessed to have that relationship with my husband and want that type of relationship for our children.

There is so much said in our Ephesians passage that it's overwhelming to even find one thing to concentrate on.  I love the concept that we have been chosen, we have been adopted as God's children - and that with that comes every privilege of true sons and daughters.  Truly the blessings are endless, and something to be so thankful for this Thanksgiving Day weekend!


Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage passage: Song of Solomon 6-8; Ephesians 2

4 comments:

Thursday's Child said...

The illustration from Songs can apply to our relationship with God as well. Like any relationship it can be rocky. During low times it can be difficult to "feel the love" but thankfully, God isn't a fickle partner. He's there with us all the way, like Hosea with his unfaithful wife.

Nathan said...

This passage, and the fact that it's Thanksgiving weekend, make me thankful for the wonderful wife God has blessed me with and is my best friend.

Conrad said...

I liked Song of Solomon 4:7 - You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.

Pastor Dan spoke today about being thankful, and to have a positive perspective. This is a great example of focusing on the beauty and the positives of our wives or husbands. I am very fortunate to have a positive, upbeat wife, who doesn't dwell on my flaws. I pray that I will remember to make this a daily habit for me.

Pamela said...

16 I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers,

I think at Thanksgiving (and always!) it's so good to not only be thankful for those special people in our lives but to also remember them in our prayers and to tell them how much we appreciate them.