Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday's Guest Post By Aicia

Today's reading from the One Year Bible Chronological Reading Plan 1 Cor. 11:2-13:13

I came to this blog to do my post today with a bit of a grudge. Today has been a rough day for my ongoing struggle with hormone difficulties. I've really struggled to finish this reading program (this is no reflection on the wonderful ladies here whom I've really enjoyed in every way) and do do my weekly post. For some reason, blogging has become quite a chore for me instead of the hobby I use to love. It's just where my life is right now.
So, I clicked on the reading and of course God decided to bless me. He gave me the passage that is very special to me. I'm thankful he chose to remind me of his past intimate direction.
Like a child who goes through both physical and mental growth spurts, my spiritual walk has been one of varying intensity. The last year, and especially the last six months I've felt spiritually numb. I know whom I have believed, I know what is true, and I know what I need to obey and persevere with but I have not felt intimate delight with my savior. The world has been overwhelming to me the last few months, my load as a mom of a developing woman (who turns 13 on Christmas day), and the practical struggles of human life have smudged out my passion. I know it's still there, deep down, like a true love I have for my husband but it's not ridding on the surface with infatuated expulsions. That's okay, I don't fret about it and know it's a life phase, but I'm not enjoying it.
So, going back to this passage took me back to a time of intense growth in my life. God started taking me through this exactly one year after my dad passed with cancer. Through Randy Alcorn and my dad's death, God had pushed my heart into a never before comprehended understanding of my God and his plan for our lives, now he was about to rip open my understanding of the law and who I was in him. He was breaking me out of trapped thinking into the freedom of intimacy with Him and His perfect will for me.
I've had few times in my life when God has spoken nearly audibly to me to turn to a certain passage but as I sat in my car one afternoon waiting for my husband and children to come out of a store he did just that. I was praying and he led me to 1 Cor 12:19. When I read it, I started crying intensely because it was so obviously the answer to what my heart was dealing with.
If you wish, please to to...


this post
to read the testimony of this passage in my life. I hope it's easy enough to jump in to know what was going on. If not, go here for the complete set of links. To preface this exactly though, I was in a place in my life where I was falling into Christian uniformity where all Christians should do this and look like this. Yet, God was calling me out of what I thought my mold should be and on this day he was using the above passage to say to me "my body is many parts, how ridiculous if it all looked like one part, and how disfunctional it would be for my glory!". Anyway....read if you can, if not just move on:)

I realize this is an non-conventional way to do this post and I hope that's okay. I think testimony is one of the best ways to see God's glory in our lives, so, what more can I say that what I posted on this all ready.

is Tomorrow's passage:1 Corinthians 14-15:58

No comments: