Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wednesday, October 2nd: Isaiah 66:1-24, Philippians 3:4-21, Psalm 74:1-23, Proverbs 24:15-16 ~ Tammy

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is Isaiah 66:1-24 Philippians 3:4-21, Psalm 74:1-23, Proverbs 24:15-16

Philippians 3:12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

We cannot attain perfection in this life.  We know this.  But that doesn't mean we throw our hands up in the air in despair and don't bother trying.  We need to be purposeful about eradicating the sin in our lives, about becoming more like Jesus, about deepening our relationship with Him, and about sharing the gospel with others - all under the power of the Holy Spirit, and not our own strength.

But it IS work.  We press on.  We focus.  We race.  We reach for the prize.  And in the end - we will receive it! Because He who promised is faithful.

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:   Jeremiah 1:1-2:30, Philippians 4:1-23, Psalm 75:1-10, Proverbs 24:17-20

No comments: