Thursday, May 16, 2019

Thursday, May 16th: 1 Samuel 18: 5-30, 1 Samuel 19, John 8: 31-59, Psalms 112: 1-10, Proverbs 15: 12-14 ~ Nathan


1 Samuel 18:29 NIV
Saul became still more afraid of him, and he remained his enemy the rest of his days.

Three times this portion of scripture talks about how Saul was afraid of David, and how the Lord was with David. Saul then became even more angry.

Saul was obviously on the wrong side, we are too at times. How do I act? Do I make things worse by acting out, or do I admit that I'm wrong and change?

The portion of scripture from John today was heavy with a lot to think about. Would I honour and listen to all that Jesus said, if I was alive during that time? I hope so, I don't want to get caught up with the crowd around me if they aren't believing in and honoring God.

No comments: