Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday, December 19th: Jonah 1-4; Revelation 10 ~ Jody

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is: Jonah 1-4; Revelation 10

He said:
“In my distress I called to the Lord,
    and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help,
    and you listened to my cry.      Jonah 2:2
Jonah was responsible for his own distress here caused by running away from God, yet he still knew that His Father would listen. Jonah's disobedience resulted in his terrible fate and His Father pursued and listened, waiting in anticipation for his lost child to repent and return. And as soon as Jonah did, "And the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land."

What a reminder that even when we know our decisions, actions and/or sin have brought on the distress in our own lives, we can call for help and Our Father is there! 

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year PassageMicah 1-3; Revelation 11

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Jonah 1:12
“Pick me up and throw me into the sea,” he replied, “and it will become calm. I know that it is my fault that this great storm has come upon you.”

Jonah here shows that he is taking responsibility for his sin. What a great example for us, do we take responsibility for our actions?