Thursday, April 27, 2017

Thursday, April 27th: 1 Kings 1-2; Luke 19:28-48

Today's passage from the Bible In a Year Reading Plan is 1 Kings 1-2; Luke 19:28-48

In the NT passage today one part that stood out to me were these verses:
the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, 38 saying, “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” 39 And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” 40 He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”
We have all sorts of ways to tell others about Jesus. In our society there are places where speaking of Jesus is forbidden, even here in Canada. I personally have not experienced it much myself but it's happening. So if we are ever verbally silenced  we can use different "stones" to keep the message alive!!

"I'm just a nobody telling everybody about Somebody who can save anybody!" (I really like this quote from Our Daily Bread, I don't know who wrote it)

Tomorrow's Bible In a Year Passage:  1 Kings 3-5; Luke 20:1-26

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Do we have a passion for God that cannot be contained?

Jody said...

Thanks for sharing that quote! I'd never heard it before - it's a good one!